Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Totally knew that it was a test, you passed

So today listening to the CBC news (which is like an ultra polite ultra socially conscious vanilla version of NPR) I heard a very important server secret given to the world. The power of touch. How a gentle and brief touch to your guest will equate more money for you in the end. We all know at least one middle aged server who I a little bit too interested we'll say in guests. Yo hey I know I am wildly funny and my eyes are like pools of liquid sex and you can't get enough of me but seriously can you take a step back when you're talking to me? You're in my bubble and um, yeah I can smell your breath.

Anyway what this touch thing means is if you gently touch someone even in passing it will encourage them to feel comfortable. They say booze increases satisfaction with a meal by as much as 25% well believe me the touch of a pretty girl does too. We southern girls are taught this early on. You cam persuade easily with a smile and a touch. How do other servers do this?o usually touch someone on the shoulder when I am about to barge into their story to do my call backs. If I am prebussing I tend to touch an arm our when I give the bill. A sincere thank you coupled with a hand on the arm seems like you are super awesome and caring. Really you are thinking of the speed of your turn and burn. So next tome touchy feely is the way to go made better by bulging muscles and good hair.So I am planning on proofing this for typos tomorrow as again my iPhone thinks it's smarter than me.

No comments:

Post a Comment